We’re looking for a full-time Account Manager to manage client relationships for 5-10 clients at our growing internet marketing agency. The Account Manager is responsible for building great relationships with our clients, making sure they’re always aware of what we’re working on and the value that we’re delivering, and working with our strategy & creative teams to develop roadmaps to help clients get their message to the right audiences.
What You Will Be Doing:
- 60% – Client Communications
- Set & manage client expectations, communicate results from our team, and more succinctly, keep clients happy.
- Make sure clients know full project roadmap, what’s next, what’s happening, etc.
- Work towards increasing and renewing client engagements.
- 40% – Team Management & Project Management
- Manage members of our strategy team and creative team to keep projects on track and make sure everyone is aware of what’s next.
- Identify upcoming resources that will be needed to keep projects on track.
- 2-5+ years agency experience preferred.
- Client Management –
- Act as the primary, senior client contact for assigned projects, developing relationships with clients and working closely with them to learn their business and communication needs. Responsible for overall client satisfaction.
- Play a supportive role in the development of new clients, and an active role in the development of existing clients.
- Demonstrate a strong grasp of business objectives of the client and ways in which CH services can help contribute to both their long and short term business strategy.
- Manage profitability of her/his accounts to achieve annual account goals and contribute to overall agency goals.
- Advanced knowledge of the internet in general – you should have a very solid understanding of what makes the internet tick.
- Strong understanding of content marketing strategy and content production.
- Basic/working knowledge of HTML and CSS, SEO, paid marketing, PR, digital analytics, and other digital marketing concepts.
- Basic experience with Google Analytics – you’ll need to be GA-certified within 6 months of starting.
- Flexibility – we work with clients big and small – one minute you might be providing ongoing strategic guidance to the client, and the next moment you might be managing the internal team in order to get the project complete in the time frame required – that’s simply the nature of our business.
- Organization – Candidate needs the ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once and still get things done.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a very effective communicator and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment working on multiple projects.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task, delegate, and meet tight deadlines.
- Reliable and responsible candidates are a must – we deal with clients daily and our actions have a direct impact on their business, good or bad.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems and to think strategically.
- Collaborative, team player.
Note: If you have experience with any of the areas below that’s great but by no means required – give an honest assessment of your experience in each area so we know what you’re capable of already.
- Social Media or Email Marketing Experience
- Programming or Web Development
- Blogging or writing experience beyond academic classwork
- Paid social media or PPC
- PR or influencer outreach experience
- Any other content creation skills – Photoshop, Illustrator, Video editing, etc.
- Any other skills you think are relevant, please feel free to mention!
About The Position:
- This is a full time position with benefits. Salary DOE.
- Full health and dental coverage for employee.
- Flexible work environment & great work/life balance. We have zero expectation or desire for our team members to work 60 hours per week.
- Please use the word spaceship somewhere in your application email so we can filter out applicants with poor attention to detail.
To apply, please complete our application form and tell us how you would go about establishing goals and setting expectations for a client who is interested in content marketing but still trying to sell their content marketing program internally.