Digital Marketing Strategist
We’re looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Strategist to lead client strategy for 2-4 clients at our growing content marketing agency.
What You Will Be Doing:
- 40% – Account Strategy – Your largest role will be driving account strategy for the clients you manage. This can span a variety of service areas we cover, but will almost always tie back to the larger content strategy for the account.
- 30% – Content Creation / Creative Team Coordination – Producing content projects for clients and creating them on your own or with the assistance of writers, graphic designers, or other creative team members. Editing and enforcing our client needs for creative projects. This will range from small projects like blog posts to much larger content projects.
- 30% – Content Promotion – Coming up with promotional strategies for clients and implementing them on your own or with the assistance of a junior team member. Our promotional programs typically involve paid and organic social media, SEO, PR & outreach, and email marketing.
- 1-3+ years marketing agency experience or 2-4+ years in-house marketing experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the internet in general – you should have a very solid understanding of what makes the internet tick.
- Excellent understanding of content marketing strategy and content production.
- Basic/working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Solid understanding of content-related SEO concepts
- Basic experience with Google Analytics – you’ll need to be GA-certified within 6 months of starting.
- Flexibility – we work with clients big and small – one minute you might be managing creative strategy for a national company, and the next moment you might be building out a landing page strategy for a 10-person startup – that’s simply the nature of our business.
- Organization – Candidate needs the ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once and still get things done.
- Reliable and responsible candidates are a must – we deal with clients daily and our actions have a direct impact on their business, good or bad.
Note: If you have experience with any of the areas below that’s great but by no means required – give an honest assessment of your experience in each area so we know what you’re capable of already.
- Social Media or Email Marketing Experience
- Programming or Web Development
- Blogging or writing experience beyond academic classwork
- Paid social media or PPC
- PR or influencer outreach experience
- Any other content creation skills – Photoshop, Illustrator, Video editing, etc.
- Any other skills you think are relevant, please feel free to mention!
About The Position:
- This is a full time position with benefits. Salary DOE.
- Full health and dental coverage for employee.
- Flexible work environment & great work/life balance. We have zero expectation or desire for our team members to work 60 hours per week.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of the Northwest.
- Please use the word spaceship somewhere in your application email so we can filter out applicants with poor attention to detail.
To apply, please complete our application form and tell us about the best marketing campaign you’ve worked on (and why it was the best). It doesn’t have to be a viral sensation – we just want to know more about your experience.