We’re looking for a full-time SEO Strategist to lead client strategy for 2-5 SEO-heavy clients at our growing content marketing agency.
This is not another full-spectrum Jr. SEO role – we already have talented specialists working on content production, PR, and outreach – we want you to truly own SEO strategy for the mid-to-large sized brands you work on, and inform the rest of our team on best practices to improve the rest of our services.
What You Will Be Doing:
- 70% – SEO Strategy & Implementation – One day you’ll be optimizing featured snippets for a branded publisher with millions of monthly organic sessions, the next day you’ll be building a site structure for a startup looking to expand structured content creation across hundreds of thousands of pages. And of course, plenty of audits in between for sites ranging from startups with 100 pages, to enterprise brands with millions of pages.
- 20% – Account Management – Part of your role will be building and maintaining relationships with your clients and handling project management around their accounts, as well as determining priority of work on their site.
- 10% – Content Production / Promotion Support– Coming up with promotional strategies for clients and implementing them on your own or with the assistance of promotions team specialists. Our promotional programs typically focus on paid social media and PR/outreach, but may also include organic social and email marketing. We don’t want you to be an outreach specialist or a content creator – but you’ll need to help out in those areas from time to time.
- 2-4+ years agency experience in SEO role, or 3-4+ years in-house SEO experience.
- Heavy preference given to past SEO experience with enterprise, eCommerce, and startup websites. We don’t do local SEO so that experience will be less valuable in this role.
- Advanced knowledge of the internet in general – you should have a very solid understanding of what makes the internet tick.
- Excellent understanding of current SEO trends.
- Excellent understanding of HTML.
- Basic or higher understanding of JS, CSS, and more technical development concepts – we don’t need you to write code from scratch, but you should understand how to fire off a JS tag in a GTM container and the implications of various CSS concepts.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Google Analytics – you’re probably already GA certified, but if not you’ll need to be within 6 months of starting.
- Flexibility – we work with clients big and small – one minute you might be managing creative strategy for a national company, and the next moment you might be building out a landing page strategy for a 10-person startup – that’s simply the nature of our business.
- Organization – Candidate needs the ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once and still get things done.
- Reliable and responsible candidates are a must – we deal with clients daily and our actions have a direct impact on their business, good or bad.
Note: If you have experience with any of the areas below that’s great but by no means required – give an honest assessment of your experience in each area so we know what you’re capable of already.
- Social Media or Email Marketing Experience
- Programming or Web Development
- Blogging or writing experience beyond academic classwork
- Paid social media or PPC
- PR or influencer outreach experience
- Any other content creation skills – Photoshop, Illustrator, Video editing, etc.
- Any other skills you think are relevant, please feel free to mention!
About The Position:
- This is a full time position with benefits. Salary DOE.
- Full health and dental coverage for employee.
- Flexible work environment & great work/life balance. We have zero expectation or desire for our team members to work 60 hours per week.
- 401(k) after 3 months of employment.
- Please use the word spaceship somewhere in your application email so we can filter out applicants with poor attention to detail.
To apply, please complete our application form and tell us about the most complex SEO project you’ve worked on.